A Writer's Nightmare by R.K. Narayan (Review)


Hey readers, welcome back to my blog!
Today I'm going to review the book A Writer's Nightmare by R.K. Narayan.

This book is a collection of 65 essays written by R.K. Narayan. Many people have known him as a novelist, but he was an essayist as well. R.K. Narayan has been drawn to personal essays and for that reason, the book contains personal essays. The topic of the essays range from weddings to mathematics, from newspapers to waste-paper basket, from umbrellas to caste system and much more. Most of the essays were satirical and humorous. They will surely make you laugh heartily, as they've made me. As it is a book of essays, you can open it up and read it from anywhere. 

It was my first book by R.K. Narayan and I liked this book as well as didn't liked this book. Some essays became my favourite while, some just couldn't strike a chord with me. But you ought to read this because it has some of the most humorous essays and you'll surely like a few! 

A few of my favourite essays are - 
• In The Confessional 
• A Library Without Books
• The Great Basket
• Memory
• Headache

Recommended for all those who love to read essays, or are a fan of R.K. Narayan's writings.

Amazon Link ~ 

Comments