Dopehri by Pankaj Kapur, translated by Rahul Soni (Review)


Hey readers, welcome back to my blog! 
Today I'm going to review another translated book and it's a short book, too. It is Dopehri by Pankaj Kapur, translated from Hindustani to English by Rahul Soni.

So I read this book after seeing how popularity it has achieved on Bookstagram, and I'm glad I did so, because this book deserves the popularity it has been given. The book is relatively short than I had anticipated but it really stands-out in those mere pages. 

The book's central character, Amma Bi, really resonates with the elderly ladies.These old ladies, had dedicated their whole life to their family and when it comes to them, there's just stiff loneliness eched on their heart. They long for company, which they have been deprived of, for so long. The way Amma Bi's loneliness dissappears with the arrival of Sabiha is the essence of the book. Amma Bi and Sabiha's bond truly enriched the reading experience. The Lal Haveli was another thing which caught my attention throughout the book. I loved how it looked like playing an important part in the plot of the book, despite being non-living, in nature. 

The book was intricately woven with beautiful words, sentences and characters. The writing style was the thing which truly eched the whole reading experience on my heart. It was an overall mesmerizing experience to read such a book. 

I highly recommend it, if you haven't read it already! 

Amazon Link ~ 

Comments